Wednesday, March 31, 2010

April Update

Just a quick note to let everyone know that Pat's PET scan results show nothing new. We are all breathing a sigh of relief! He will still be monitored closely and we are keeping our fingers crossed and prayers flying that we can have some sense of normalcy and a break from all this crappy cancer! Pat will be weaned slowly from the steroids that are making him so puffy -ugh- hate those things!
We are so very thankful for all of our wonderful friends and family who have stuck by us thus far and who send us well wishes, prayers and goodies! You are all a Godsend!! Hugs all around!
We are also incredibly fortunate to have a most excellent medical team here in the San Antonio Military Medical system. I don't know how we would have made it through all we have been through so far without their support and expertise! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr Dullea and his fantabulous people at BAMC. Also Dr Richard out at WHMC.
So, this road continues and we are in a holding pattern but after many months of one new thing popping up after another, it is nice to see nothing 'new'.
This cancer battle is not easy and I would not wish it on anyone, but for me, I know that everything happens for a reason and I am blessed to be living the life I am. Regardless of the trials and tribulations, life IS good!
Please do all you can to support legitimate cancer charities. Research and ways to find a cure for this horrible disease are making great strides but for many of us, the battle rages on. I hope that in my lifetime we will find a way to make these kinds of struggles a thing of the past for our children and grandchildren.

Today's Glass Half-Full: "One filled with joy preaches without preaching". ~Mother Teresa

1 comment:

Julie said...

Tam~ I'm so relieved to hear that Pat is holding steady. Hopefully he'll feel better once the steroids are out of his system.
Love you all,
Julie