Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Well, I had my second chemo treatment today and it went just fine. I feel good, no nausea. I finally started losing my hair a few days ago. It was really falling out in clumps and luckily my stylist Julian was able to squeeze me in this afternoon to get my head shaved. We had fun with it- he gave me a mohawk and Kelsey took a bunch of pictures. It's not every day a woman gets to be bald on purpose.

I took a shower last night and there was so much hair in the drain it looked like a small animal had drowned in there! I really couldn't take it anymore- I used up an entire lint brush getting hair off the seat in the car! ick!


So, now I am sporting a GI Jane/Sinead O'Connor look and it's not too bad! I have a nice shaped head and to be honest, I really love it! It was about 100F here today and walking outside with my bald head felt so cool!



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

So, I should have some hair again in about 6 months. Until then, bald is beautiful!

Today's Glass Half-Full : With the high cost of groceries today, think of all the money I will save in shampoo and conditioner!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her bald head is beautiful!

Love you,
Julie

Anonymous said...

LOL, I meant YOUR bald head not her bald head!!

Aimee said...

Hi Tammy, got your blog from Julie...just wanted to say hi, we're cheering for you, and LOVE the new 'do!
~Aimee

dl said...

Hi Tammy - another friend of Julie's. We're keeping you in our prayers and I just love your sense of humor!! Stay strong! ~Melissa in Cincinnati

The Nicks Family said...

Tammy you look beautiful! I am in awe of you and your great spirits! YAY for saving money on shampoo and things and being able to be that much cooler!

Bethany
from the August Board

Tara said...

Wow who knew you had such a nice shaped head. I think blad is your look and knowing the texas heat, you'll be much cooler

Tara